Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas at home

This year we did a nice relaxing Christmas at home - everyday up until Christmas was insane!Maya was very excited to find that Santa had eaten the cookies and Rudolph had eaten the oatmeal that we left for them. Santa even left Maya a note. I made everyone eat a healthy breakfast before opening presents since I knew the rest of the day would be filled with candy and sweets.

Here are the kids all set up in their spots ready to open presents. Luke was a present-opening maniac this year with wrapping paper flying up in the air behind him as he tore into his presents (and helped Matt and I with ours). Before we opened presents, Luke was very sad that Santa didn't stay at our house to visit and that he didn't even get to see Santa. Maya is sure she heard Santa's jingle bells during the night.

The kids each got a bike for Christmas this year. Maya needed a bigger bike and Luke got his first.

Later that day, after hanging out and playing lots of games, we went out and tried out the new bikes. Yes, it's December 25th and Maya is wearing shorts outside. Maya can ride her bigger bike just fine, but she's working out the kinks of getting on and off of a bike where she can barely reach the ground with her tiptoes when she is on the seat.



All in all, it was a wonderful day. My kids are still singing Jingle Bells and Frosty the Snowman days after Christmas is done. Matt, Luke and I are dealing with colds this weekend, but hopefully we'll be ready to ring in the New Year. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas as well!

2 comments:

Staci said...

Hello Matt Wilde! This is Staci Adams (Goar now) from Raintree. I found your blog through one of my friend's blogs. I guess you guys know Candi and BJ Miller. I know Candi from when I used to work at a place in Orem called Traco Mfg. Anyway, small world! Just thought I'd tell you hello and that your family is beautiful. It was fun to get a glimpse into your life now. You can check out our family blog at www.justanotherdayfam.blogspot.com
Take care!!

Jessica said...

Jen, I meant to say that I LOVED your Family picture this year, I think you imparticular look STUNNING, yeah that's a good word for it!anyways it's a keeper!love you-ps,..nice Matt!

The Kids