Sunday, July 24, 2011

Maya's 1st swim meet



Last wednesday, Maya participated in her very first swim meet. She got to choose up to any 4 events she wanted to swim. She chose 25 and 50yd breast stroke and 25 and 50yd freestyle. In practice they had never practiced jump starts so she was nervous about trying to dive in, but she did fine. Here's a video of her swimming the 25 freestyle. If you count from the lane closest to the camera, she is in the 4th lane. So fun to watch her grow as a swimmer! Every practice, the coach has the other swimmers stop and watch Maya's form. So proud!

2 comments:

LanceJess said...

Maya.......You Rock girlie!!!!!! I bet you could teach your silly aunt Jessie a thing or two about swimming!!! Keep up the good work sweetie!! I love you!

Becky said...

Congratulations Maya!! Looking great. And Jen, I just wanted you to know I am able to read your blog, I just found the invite.

Thanks!
Becky

The Kids