Sunday, March 11, 2012

Big Blue Wrecking Crew - Maya's first game

Maya and her best friend Emi on picture day.
Playing their first softball season together.

Maya is in 4th grade and I've finally got her signed up for her first softball team. Most of the other girls have been playing for a few years. It frustrates Maya a little when she watches the other girls do things and she doesn't just immediately pick it up, but she is holding her own.
I do have to brag a little with this post. She played her first game this past Saturday. Her team, "Big Blue Wrecking Crew", won 11-2. Maya was up to bat twice. The whole team was up to bat at least twice. Maya was the only girl to get a hit both times! On her first hit she made it to first and got an RBI (runner batted in), meaning a girl on third ran to home plate on Maya's hit. Maya ended up stealing home herself that time around the bases. She got another hit her second time up and made it to first again. But later got tagged out at another base. It was a great first game for her. Her best friend Emi also got a hit and stole a few bases herself. I'm glad they're learning this together. I know the games probably won't all be like this, but I'm so glad she had a good time. Her coaches are fantastic with her and really doing a great job of helping her to learn. Now if I could only get my boys to stay put so I could actually watch the entire game...

2 comments:

Chris or Katie said...

Good luck with getting the boys to stay still for a whole game--we never mastered that one with Daniel's Little League games. It's great that Maya is so willing to work at a skill and improve!

Becky said...

I have to say, I saw the pictures and my first thought was, "Oh yea, that's what sunshine looks like." I'm totally jealous! Great job Maya. And good job juggling everyone, Jen!

The Kids