Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Mace anyone?

So I'm teaching a piano lesson when I hear Luke start screaming. I figured he bit his tongue because he was in the kitchen and this scream usually goes along with a bit tongue. So I walk over and check on him, while my student keeps playing, and realize he's got something in his mouth that hurts. It smells like windex or some sort of cleaner. So I quickly have him rinse his mouth out, while he is crying and my student is still playing, and chew on some bread and spit it out hoping the bread will absorb whatever was all over his mouth. I have no idea what it was and he is still crying. His mouth is cleaned out so I give him a popsicle hoping it will ease the pain. It works and my lesson is still going, but I keep asking Luke what it was that hurt him. He keeps saying, "I don't know". I can't tell if he's afraid of getting into trouble or he doesn't know. I'm getting frustrated because I need to focus on my piano student, but I want to make sure a repeat doesn't happen - especially to Seth who puts everything in his mouth. Luke calms down and I figure I'll investigate after my lesson.
So after finishing up my lesson, I notice my pepper spray by the front door. I'd gone on a jog yesterday. I carry it with me because there are a lot of stray dogs in the area and I feel safer with the pepper spray if I need it. Anywho - it dawned on me. Luke sprayed the pepper spray in his mouth! Sure enough there is liquid all around the little container. He must;ve thought it was like banoca or the sour spray that the kids like to squirt in their mouths. It aggravated my mouth just breathing it in as I cleaned it up. Luckily, according to the container, I cleaned Luke's mouth out properly.
He'll be just fine and hopefully a little more cautious about sneaking into things.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I know how it feels, i had pepper spray training for my security job! I keep some around the house now cause one spray of that and any meal is south of the border! lol

Becca said...

AWESOME!!! I can say that Tyler hasnt ever done that one.

Rachel said...

Wow, I bet Luke got the shock of his life. I run with pepper spray too, so I'll have to remember this and that kids are so curious.

Jessica said...

Hey where can I get some of that I know a particular rotweiler I'd love to show it to and a boxer...

Kevin and Kristen said...

That must have been horrible for him! Poor guy! Good thinking with how you cleaned his mouth out.

The Kids